Looking for the best asbestos abatement team in Winnipeg?
Asbestos has been long recognized as a dangerous construction material, but unfortunately can be found present in many Canadian homes today. In reality, asbestos is not dangerous until it has been disturbed and exposed, allowing for occupants of buildings and homes to inhale the substance. There are serious health risks associated with asbestos exposure that make it wise to keep an eye on the state of your property. When you discover damage that could allow for such exposure, it is important to have the situation professionally assessed. We undertake not only this type of assessment, but also the safe removal and disposal of any asbestos materials.
It may be tempting for some to try to undertake asbestos abatement on their own. These days, more and more people are getting into DIY work, but this can be not only dangerous to your health and that of other occupants on the property, but also represents an environmental risk. We are well versed in undertaking asbestos abatement work on both residential and commercial properties and our expert teams are properly trained in various kinds of asbestos abatement work.
Based on our assessments we assign suitably sized teams and disposal bins that can ably handle your project size in the fastest time possible. Our specialists arrive at client properties to inspect for asbestos or vermiculite damage, carry out tests to determine the extent of the problems, and draw up a free estimate for the removal work that will be required. It is an easy 3 step process that can help you quickly discover if there is a problem, and how much and long it will take to resolve it.
Asbestos and vermiculite are common building materials in buildings, having been long used in such areas as insulation for pipes, boilers, ductwork, ceilings and walls, soundproofing, spray on insulation and rust-proofing, asphalt floor tiles, backing for vinyl sheet flooring, tile caulk, spackling and putty, exterior sidings and paints, to name a few. These materials can also been found in older vehicles, particularly the brake linings and clutch pads. Older heatproof gloves, fire blankets, and some paper and plastic products also have asbestos and vermiculite in their makeup.
Because of the widespread use of these materials in the home, it is best to have a professional assessment and removal work done to avoid unnecessary release of spores in the air that may cause great harm to occupants.
What To Do If You Suspect Asbestos
Now that you know the risks you may be exposed to by inhaling asbestos dust, it is important to know what to do if you suspect that there is structural damage to your property that may have such materials as component.
- Close off any room which you suspect may have damage that has released asbestos dust into the air.
- Put a stop to any DIY work being carried out around the property until it can be ascertained if this may have some relation to the suspected asbestos exposure.
- Seal off the room with plastic sheeting and duct tape to avoid dust getting out of the room. This is a good step if you are sure that there is dust that has gone airborne form the damaged area.
- Get any very young children, elderly people or anyone with compromised immune system out of the building until an assessment has been done.
- Shut down any heating or cooling system in the building to prevent the circulation of the dust to other areas.
- Do not attempt to clean up, vacuum or sweep up any asbestos materials. Leave that to experts who can properly dispose of it.
Benefits Of Hiring Professionals
Hiring a professional contractor to take care of your asbestos abatement needs is ideal for any property owner or manager with damage that could expose the occupants of the property to risk. Here are some of the few benefits gained by opting to hire a licensed professional provider.
Safety – as already outlined, exposure to asbestos can be quite dangerous by leading to health problems that could be fatal. It is not just those that are directly exposed who are at risk. Even family members and friends they later interact with that inhale the dust off their clothing can be at risk. Because of the level of risk at stake, it is important to safeguard the health of everyone by having professionals undertake the handling of the asbestos material.
Disposal – once the asbestos is safely collected from your property, it will then need to be safely disposed of so as not to be released into the environment. Only licensed professional asbestos removal firms have access to the right equipment and other resources needed for this safe disposal.
Repair work – because of the number of areas where asbestos may have been used in the construction of the building, it is often unrealistic to try to remove all trace of it, especially if only a minor potion of the materials was damaged. We can help replace the building work that was removed in a safe manner and avoid interfering with undamaged sections that may still contain asbestos materials.
How Asbestos Is Removed
If you suspect there has been a breach to areas of the home that feature asbestos material, we advise blocking off the area until our team has the opportunity to carry out testing. We will come in with testing kits to take samples and inspect the property. If we determine that there is a risk involved, we will advise you accordingly and prepare an estimate for the work to be carried out. Once you approve this work, we will follow the steps below.
- Containment – this is the first step to asbestos removal. We will seal off the rooms affected so as to ensure no airborne particles escape into other areas of the property and surrounding environment.
- Removal – we will take apart the damaged sections within this space and pack them into airtight containers to ensure safe removal from the property.
- HEPA vacuuming – we use specialized equipment to thoroughly vacuum and clean off the damaged areas and evidence of any remaining fibers on other surfaces in the room.
- Air sampling – once the removal work is completed, we will carry out air sampling within both the affected rooms, and the rest of the property to ascertain that the air is safe for human inhalation.
Keep in mind that not all cases of damage to asbestos material will require removal work. Some incidents are minor enough to warrant simple sealing of the sections. Our professionals will discuss with you the options available.
Why Choose Our Company
- Quality service – The excellent training of our staff and our fully insured and bonded status ensures that we delivery the finest professional asbestos removal service to be found anywhere. We make it our goal to ensure that you are fully able to return to your property without fear of any further exposure to these dangerous materials.
- Free inspection and estimates – we understand that property ownership and maintenance can be quite costly. This is why we will only charge clients for removal services delivered. We undertake both inspection and preparation of estimates at no extra cost, giving you the opportunity to assess the quality of our services and take decisions that are within your means.
- 24 hour estimate – We endeavor to carry out our on-site inspections within 24 hours of client request, and deliver a detailed estimate of work to be done within another 24 hours. This quick turnaround is so as to help deliver on our promise of fast delivery of service that will see you get back to occupying your property quickly and healthily.
- Excellent customer service – for any asbestos related enquiry, we will be able to answer your questions. Our goal is to help ensure that you are able to live and work in a safe and healthy environment. Our customer care lines are open every day of the week and are available for queries and booking of services.
- We undertake projects of all sizes – whether your property is a residential home or a large commercial building, we are capable of undertaking the asbestos removal work required. Our services can be scaled up or down, depending on the demands of the project. We have a proven track record in the business that guarantees our capability.